Statement of Mission and Values
To teach and develop every player in all aspects of Australian Rules Football and Netball Australia, providing opportunities to learn the fundamentals of the games, to teach the skills enabling players to be the best they can be. To provide players who are mentally and physically ready to play senior football and/or netball.
Build and keep improving a community based AFL and Netball club for all, regardless of sex, race, religion and economics.
RESPECT: Provide a club that values and respects all players, umpires, officials and spectators, with a combined view that any form of abuse in this regard will not be tolerated.
TRUST: To provide a fun, safe and enjoyable environment for all club members. [This includes players, families, and officials]
FRIENDSHIP: To promote and cultivate friendships and strong relationships within our football and netball community.
VOLUNTEERS: A club that values, respects and encourages all our volunteers who give back to the community via our junior football netball club.
LEADERSHIP: Show the value of strong leadership within the team, at the same time promoting the benefits of teamwork and team spirit.
COMMITMENT: Be prepared to work hard toward achieving the mission, and to make our club a better place when you leave than when you found it.
To hold and promote a sense of PRIDE, DIGNITY and RESPECT on and off the field.
MITCHELL SHIRE COMMUNITY CODE
Every person, spectator, player, club member, official, participant, administrator, coach, parent or member of the community involved with the sport, should work to ensure:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential
- respect is shown towards others, the club, and the broader community
- a safe and inclusive environment for all
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.
This code applies to community sport, training and club sanctioned activities.